Have you ever wished that the face you see in the mirror better reflected how young you feel inside? While diet and exercise can keep the body healthy and youthful, sometimes you need to enlist the help of a professional to restore a younger, more vibrant appearance to the face.
For some patients, a facelift in Northern Virginia is the best option. Dr. Andrew Goldberg performs this procedure to eliminate wrinkled, sagging facial skin, making you appear rejuvenated and more youthful.
To find out if a facelift might be right for you, click here to request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Goldberg.
Fairfax County Facelift Information
For those who want to recapture the sleek, firm skin of their youth, we offer the classic facelift in Northern Virginia…cosmetic surgery's gold standard of facial rejuvenation.
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that:
- Removes sagging, excess skin on the lower face
- Adjusts the remaining skin and muscle to create a younger, firmer, and more refreshed appearance
Over 100,000 facelifts are performed nationwide each year, making facelifts one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. Advances in medical science and technologies have made this procedure safer and more effective than ever before.
The Facelift Process
- Before surgery begins, general anesthesia or intravenous sedation is administered by a board certified anesthesiologist.
- Traditionally, the facelift incision begins at the hairline near the temples and continues behind the ear.
- The surgeon separates the skin and muscles of the face from the deeper facial tissues. Fat may be sculpted or redistributed, and underlying tissue is repositioned to create a more youthful contour. The underlying muscle may be tightened with the skin or separately. Skin is re-draped over the newly lifted contours and excess skin is removed.
- Sutures or skin adhesives close the incisions, which are carefully concealed by our Virginia facelift surgeon. In some cases, temporary drainage tubes may be placed under the skin to reduce post-surgical swelling.
In general, the surgical time for facelift procedures typically ranges from 2 to 4 hours. Often a facelift is performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as brow lift or blepharoplasty, for full facial rejuvenation.
Women and men who require less lift or seek a moderate degree of change may choose a mini-facelift. Minimal-incision S-lift techniques allow for full facial rejuvenation for many younger patients - resulting in a natural, refreshed look. The treatment plan for a mini-facelift patient often includes regular dermal filler treatments to fill in wrinkles and add volume to hollowed facial areas.
If you are weighing your facelift options, the mini-facelift should be discussed thoroughly with your surgeon, as some patients may not be satisfied with the subtle skin tightening created by this procedure.
In some cases, the overall cosmetic effect of a facelift is more successful when combined with additional procedures, such as:
- Facial liposuction to remove excess fatty deposits
- Correction of flaws in the chin and neck areas
- Eyelid surgery to make the eyes appear more alert
Before you undergo facelift surgery, Dr. Andrew Goldberg will discuss with you other options such as brow lift, laser skin enhancement, and eyelid surgery in Fairfax, Virginia.
For more information, click here to request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Goldberg or call (703) 264-0904 to schedule an appointment.